Bonjour les Amis,
It’s February 2nd today, which also happens to be a Groundhog Day. It has been officially declared that spring is just around the corner. Winter this year has been really mild in Toronto, as much as I’m happy about it, I also fear global warming. I remember when I first moved to Canada 6 years ago, it used to snow like crazy. Let me explain to those who are unaware how the groundhog theory works. It’s said that if the groundhog overlooks its shadow while coming out of its dugout, then spring is on the way. Otherwise, the winter extends to another 6 weeks.
Typically, I am in a habit of making lists of to-do things, the stuff I need to shop, how much money I dish out every month, things which need to be done immediately and those of which I can postpone for some time. While I was updating my diary last night, I thought I’d share with you all 5 things that I’d love to do but for some reason or the other, I haven’t checked them off my list yet. My lists are pretty long but the things I’m going to share in this post are minor everyday activities that I often think of accomplishing. Without further ado, let’s get started.
- I would love to go to a book store one day, order a cup of coffee and read a book. Honestly, I got no excuse as to why I haven’t done it yet. Do I find it intimidating? I am not sure. I’ve gone solo-shopping many times but never have I once in my life eaten a meal alone at a restaurant nor spent time all by me in a public place.
- I wish to do a three-day juice cleanse. I have zero information on how to go about it, if it works, if it’s good for the body or not and so on. Usually, I have seen people talking or doing a 5-day or a 7-day detox diet. I’d like to start with 3, haha because abstaining from food and only sticking to juices is a big commitment. I’d like to take it slow. Every other person on Instagram is doing it; maybe juice cleanses are kind of a big thing now. Even if not, I definitely want to try it for once in my life and I don’t care if they cause more harm than good to the body.
- I’m obsessed with food pictures and take many myself. But let me be clear my photography skills aren’t amazing hehe. The thought of taking short photography lessons often comes to my mind. Once my cousin jokingly said, “why don’t you become a food blogger?” I’d terribly fail at that because I almost love everything. I don’t think I’ll be able to criticize the flavors or be more specific on what lacked in the recipe, if the food was authentic enough, etc. But definitely, taking good food pictures excite me. I think I should do it more often and by that I mean, I should try taking GOOD pictures, need to know how to work with poor lighting and proper angles.
- I soooooo want to do a head stand. Yes, you heard it right. I feel I am not flexible enough but more than that, I am too scared to injure my head or neck, plus it looks extremely difficult. I’d love to master it before I get old. This is something to which I need to devote my time and hard work. I just can’t watch a video on YouTube and do it right away. I probably have to follow some routinely exercises to gain courage and strength to reach there.
- I really wish to plant a tree. I can do that in my backyard. But thinking is of what good use until I don’t implement it, right? It’s high time I should at least start with the process of thinking what kind of tree I should plant, if there’s more to just digging a hole in the ground, what time or season is the most suitable.
Actually, I could go on and on but don’t want to keep you guys here for long. Tell me in the comments below what’s on your list, be it a goal you want to achieve or a life experience you desire to experience.
Ps- while I was writing this blog at work, someone told me Toronto is going to witness harsh cold in upcoming weeks. Whatever happened to the groundhog lol.